Protecting our home and contents effectively is something all of us should consider, but is often left under insured. Should your property be damaged through events such as fire, flood or subsidence, the cost of a refurbishment or a rebuild can be substantial.

While buildings insurance will cover the structure of your home including the roof, walls and windows and permanent fixtures, such as the fitted kitchen and the bathroom suite, your personal belongings can often be equally as valuable.

If you walk room to room and add up the value of the contents, it gives a general idea of how much it would cost to replace your possessions, and it’s usually more than clients initially perceive. In fact, research has shown that homeowners tend to undervalue their possessions by as much as fifty per cent.

Contents insurance policies can differ. Valuable individual items, such as precious jewellery can often sit outside standard policies. Likewise, under some policies, contents may not always be protected in the grounds of the property or when it is taken away from home. This is where our thorough appraisals of clients’ requirements make sure you have a bespoke policy to fit your needs.

We typically cater for policies with sums insured starting from around £30,000 for home contents up to £250,000, and buildings insurance ranging from £250,000 to £5 million.  This could encompass anything from a two-bed terraced mews in the London suburbs to four-bed detached cottage in a rural location, for example.

We’re Here To Help

If you’d like MWA Special Risks to assess yourinsurance requirements, or would like more 
information about the service we offer, then don’t hesitate to call 0203 811 8787 or email